Chased, LLC. (“ilovethechase.com”, “Chased”, “Us”, “We”, “Our” and “Its”) and the services it provides to Clients, Members, Mailing List Subscribers and Website Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as Its “Clients”, “Members”, “Users”, “Participants” , “You” and “Your”) offer matchmaking services.
- You may simply browse the Website, or you may register with Chased as a “Honorary Member” or “Client”. You will be registered as a Honorary Member when You complete the profile application dependent upon review, possible interview and approval of Chased management staff, and an “Account” is created in our database. You must, however, only provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information for your Account. If we believe or suspect that your information is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Website or Services (or any portion thereof).
- You will be registered as a Honorary Member when You complete the profile application dependent upon review, possible interview and approval of Chased management staff, and an “Account” is created in our database. If you set up a Membership, you are required to provide your name and email address (collectively, your “Account Information”), which you may not transfer to or share with any third parties. If someone accesses our Website or Services by creating or using your Account Information, we will rely on that Account Information and will assume that it is really you or your representative who is accessing the Website and Services. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account Information and all activities that occur under or in connection with the Account. Without limiting any rights which we may otherwise have, we reserve the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, to ensure the security of the Website and your Account, including without limitation terminating your Account or requesting additional information to authorize transactions on your Account. You agree to be responsible for any act or omission of any users that access the Website or Services under your Account Information that, if undertaken by you, would be deemed a violation of these Terms. In no event and under no circumstances will Chased be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of (i) any action or inaction of Chased under this provision, (ii) any compromise of the confidentiality of your Account, and (iii) any unauthorized access to your Account. Please notify us immediately if you become aware that your Account Information is being used without authorization. You agree not to register for more than one Membership or Client Account, register for Membership or Client Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself without such individual’s authorization, or register for a Membership or Client Account on behalf of any group or entity. You agree you will only provide photographs through your Membership that have been taken in the previous two (2) years.
- Through our Website, you may provide personal information for us to use in our offline matchmaking services (“Matching”). We do not offer Matching on the Website. By providing such personal information, you hereby authorize us to disclose this information to our clients.
- Criminal History. By registering to use the Matching, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. Chased reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this section. However, as a matter of practice, Chased does not conduct background checks.
- Matching Criteria. Matching requires your completion of a registration questionnaire. We do not guarantee that the Matching will provide any matches at all or that you will ever be contacted as a result of the Matching. All Matching and other information provided through the Services is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Your use of the Services must be for bona fide-relationship-seeking purposes in order to maintain the integrity of the Matching.
- Marital Status. By requesting to receive matches from the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not married. If you are separated, but not yet legally divorced, you may not request to use, register to use, or use the Services.
- Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Chased users. You understand that Chased makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet as a result of or through Chased. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting such individuals. When we say “other Chased users”, we mean any person you may meet as a result of your use of Chased, whether at a Chased event or through a potential match set up by Chased. You will promptly report to Chased any violation of the Terms by others, including but not limited to, other Chased users.
- No Harassment of Chased Employees or Agents. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any Chased employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER CHASED CLIENTS AND MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHASED CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS CLIENTS OR MEMBERS. CHASED ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS CLIENTS OR MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS CLIENTS OR MEMBERS. CHASED MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF ITS CLIENTS OR MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL. CHASED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHASED BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER CHASED USERS. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL INTERACTIONS IF AND WHEN YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHASED MAKES NO GUARANTEES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING YOUR ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY WITH INDIVIDUALS YOU MEET AS A RESULT OF CHASED. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION (FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION) TO OTHER CLIENTS OR MEMBERS.
RULES REGARDING INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENT.
- When you access the Website and/or Services, you obtain access to various kinds of images, video, audio, data, and other information and materials, all of which we call “Content.” You agree not to revise Content posted by others, and you represent and warrant that you will not provide, submit, make available to Chased, or use any Content in any manner that:
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time
- Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others
- Misrepresents your identity in any way
- Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware. malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
- Advocates or encourages any illegal activity
- Has the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers
- You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to Chased an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit any Content you provide, submit, or make available to Chased, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for Chased’s business purposes. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your Content.
GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT
- It is our goal to make access to our Site and Services a good experience for all of our users. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Website or Services, your use of the Website or Services, or access to the Website or Services for any purposes other than for which the Website or Services are being provided to you, or do any of the following:
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code
- Use the Website or Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam
- Use the Website or Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Website or Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts)
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Website and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or Services
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Website or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Mirror or frame the Website or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages
- In the event that you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to the Website or the Services (collectively “Feedback”), you agree we may use the Feedback to modify our Website and Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback on the Website or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Website or Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Website and/or Services. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use the Website and/or Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Website or Services. Continued access to the Website or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Website or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Website and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND OTHER WEBSITES.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
- THIS WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY CHASED “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. CHASED MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH, THIS WEBSITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ACCURACY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY MERCHANT WEBSITES OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE LINKED TO OUR WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO TEN DOLLARS (U.S. $10.00). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances WILL WE or our licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
LAST UPDATED: June 7, 2017